Assistant Accommodation Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic and confident Assistant Accommodation Manager capable of managing the ingoing and outgoing tenant cycle for the accommodation and lettings across our 3 buildings in Glasgow City Centre.
Working on site, alongside the head office team based in Manchester, the successful candidate must possess strong initiative and have proven experience in lettings. You will be responsible for the management of the tenancy cycle, ensuring that all check in paperwork is ready for move in, inspections are carried out and check outs are conducted including deposit discussions with tenants. Other ad-hoc duties will be required such as reception cover, post and parcel management.
The successful candidate would be expected to manage the processes in keeping with the high Company standards, delivering the lettings and operational targets set.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic, great customer service skills and ideally a lettings or customer service background. You should have a focus on working as a team, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be highly organised.
Some duties may include:
- To achieve maximum occupancy in accordance with the company’s financial objectives and KPI’s across all buildings within your designated area.
- Be aware of Scottish Legislation in relation to PRTs
- Carrying out detailed inventories of properties prior to a new tenant moving in.
- Carrying out final inspections in properties after the current tenant vacates.
- Carrying out mid term inspections, raising maintenance issues and following through to completion
- Compiling a detailed report of their findings and provide this to the outgoing tenant and discuss potential deposit deductions.
- Liaising with tenants and internal stakeholders
- Dealing with any repairs required on properties during vacant periods
- Effectively manage all PRT start dates, end dates, terminations and notices required to ensure a successful continuous let on each property.
- Be aware of Deposit Protection guidelines and tenancy management including check ins, check outs and deposit dispersal.
- Assist with the collation of all verification documents and rental payments prior to occupation.
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all internal and external stakeholders, communicating with external agencies where necessary.
- Monitor and assist with the management the delivery of the maintenance team to achieve the KPI’s as laid out by the Company.
- Assist with arrears control and debt recovery management.
- Appreciate and understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough and deliver the best possible service. Due to the nature of the role, it may on occasions be necessary to work unsociable hours, including weekends, especially during the student arrivals and departure periods.
- To promote and contribute to the Company culture.
- Lettings Related Qualification (ARLA/PropertyMark) Preferred, but not essential
- Enthusiastic Individual
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience of Student Life
- Computer Literate
- Good Communication, Organisational and Administration Skills
What we offer in return:
- 6 monthly Company events across Head Office and Site Staff
- Regular team social outings
- An extra day off on your Birthday
Excellent City Centre location
Company pension scheme
Fun, supportive and positive work environment
Focus on training and professional growth
If you are interested please contact:
© 2021 Xenia Lettings.