What is personal data?
Personal data includes information relating to a natural person(s) who:
- can be identified or who are identifiable, directly from the information in question; or
- who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination with other information.
Where we hold your personal data
Personal data may be held at our office and in our servers which are located within the EU. Information may also be held by our Group companies, service providers and third party agents. Xenia Lettings have measures in place to ensure there is appropriate security for personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data
Once we have ceased being your lettings and management agent, we may hold your personal data for up to 6 years. All other personal data will be kept for up to 2 years.
Why do we collect and process you personal data
For existing customers, Xenia Lettings rely on contract as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data.
For prospective customers, we reply on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your data.
What information is being collected?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you including details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
What are your right?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
How do I exercise my rights?
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
- All requests must be in writing either via email to [email protected] or in writing to DPO, Xenia Lettings, Marsland House, Marsland Road, Sale, M33 3AQ
- Before processing your request, we may ask for 2 forms of identification.
- Upon receiving 2 forms of identification, we will respond to your request within 1 month unless we give a specific reason why it cannot be completed in time.
- Information can be provided electronically and in printed hard copy.
How to complain?
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
- Information Commissioner’s OfficeWycliffe House
- Helpline number0303 123 1113
- ICO websitehttps://www.ico.org.uk