Now Recruiting – Newcastle/Sunderland Accommodation Manager
Xenia Lettings are looking to recruit an Accommodation Manager based in Newcastle and managing the accommodation and maintenance teams across 3 buildings located in Newcastle and Sunderland.
Job Purpose / Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Xenia Lettings are seeking a professional and enthusiastic individual capable of managing Student Accommodation Lettings and a Management Team.
Working with the head office team, passionate members of staff will have day-to-day involvement with a wide range of tasks associated with managing a student property – from marketing to property management, it is a role requiring a wide variety of skills and a positive approach.
The successful candidate would be expected to manage the development to the required Company standards delivering the financial, lettings and operational targets set by the company.
- To achieve maximum occupancy in accordance with the company’s financial objectives and KPI’s.
- To be responsible for all financial recording, management and reporting as required by Head Office.
- Comply and assist with all financial and debt recovery procedures.
- To be the Property Safety officer and comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Produce a high standard of reports, ensuring all the required information is delivered in a timely, accurate and in the required format.
- To recruit, train, manage and monitor the city teams in Newcastle and Sunderland to ensure that they perform their duties to the required standards and follow company procedures.
- Provide a high standard of customer service, communicating with external agencies where necessary.
- Maintain and develop excellent relations with our customers and partner Universities and their representatives
- Market and let the hall to maximise the occupancy during the academic year and summer letting periods.
- Monitor and Manage the delivery of the maintenance to achieve the KPI’s as laid out by the Company.
- Attend training made available to you and to take responsibility for your development and to assist in the training and development of the team.
- Managing and auditing staff to ensure they carry out their duties to an appropriate standard, in line with HR procedures, and to carry out disciplinary/grievance procedures with the support of HR and Management.
- Appreciate and understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough and deliver the best possible service. Due to the nature of the role, it may on occasions be necessary to work unsociable hours, including weekends, especially during the student arrivals and departure periods.
- To promote and contribute to the Company culture.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by a Senior Manager
- Managerial & Team Management Skills
- Lettings Related Qualification
- Enthusiastic Individual
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales & Marketing Experience
- Experience of Student Life
- Computer Literate
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Good Administrative Skills
If you would like to find out more information on the role, please email Katie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Xenia Lettings.